‘Amazing’ Nina deserves Torbay Our Heroes award
- Credit: Archant
'Amazing' Nina is nominated for Our Heroes awards for making sure nobody goes hungry in Torbay
Nina Pierson is simply 'amazing.' That is why she is being nominated in the Torbay Weekly's new Our Heroes campaign.
We are looking to salute those doing their utmost to help others through the current crisis.
Nina works at the Eat that Frog community project in Paignton.
Elisabeth Bennetts, who has nominated her, says: 'She is amazing, doing the work of at least three people and giving 110 per cent tirelessly. She has a very large caring and compassionate heart.
'During this lockdown she, with assistants, cooks 70 meals a day for vulnerable people. This is not her main job. Her desire to ensure that no one goes hungry is very strong.
'It is hard to convey just how amazing Nina is.'
- 1 Show is world’s largest gathering of more than 3,000 iconic classic and vintage cars and motorbikes
- 2 Midweek shocks in the National League
- 3 Probus Club 'home' at last to hear about ghosts, gallows and 'Big Foot'
- 4 Property of the Week: Simply striking family home in semi-rural setting
- 5 Norrms McNamara: All care staff need to be trained in dementia
- 6 Sinclair's special start on community day
- 7 All go at Rotary club with new president, vaccines, golf and a chicken run!
- 8 Indoor bowls: 'A' team win all four rinks
- 9 Junior anglers take the fishing limelight
- 10 Athletics: Busy and successful weeks on racing calendar
If you would like to nominate somebody for Our Heroes, run in partnership with Majestic Holidays, email us details with a picture to email@example.com