Sun is shining - am I the only one still wearing jeans and a jumper?
- Credit: PA
Jesus, Mary, Joseph and the wee donkey, who is not gripped with TV's Line of Duty?
I have to say it is the highlight of my week currently and I am not looking forward to its last episode on Sunday.
What will I do at 9pm on Sundays now? Oh wait. I know... the same things I do now except I’ll just have a little more time to do them.
My Sunday evening is spent with parent jobs - the ironing, lunch prep and bathing those little darlings, and let’s not forget the constant battle to get them into bed while they come up with every excuse under the sun why they can’t go yet.
I’m hungry, I need to read to you, I need to show you this – its really important, you know what I’m talking about.
Ah the joys, we wouldn’t be without them, would we?!
It's that time of year, when the sun shines but the temperature is not matching the blue sun-filled skies, and yet there are half-naked people wandering the streets.
- 1 Torquay United 2 King's Lynn Town 0
- 2 Rowing: Excellent conditions for river Dart racing
- 3 Sinclair's special start on community day
- 4 Cyclists off to Scotland in support of 'super vet' star
- 5 Gulls boss Gary Johnson: Homegrown duo 'in my future plans'
- 6 Defensive duties at Torquay United
- 7 Securing future of Pavilion takes step forward
- 8 MP Anthony Mangnall: I've a new-found appreciation for hard work of our fishermen
- 9 Dr Peter Moore: I don't need an app giving me a 'medal' for brushing my teeth properly!
- 10 Let's get together - reconnecting with people is food for the soul
The flip-flops are out and regardless of the Baltic north-easterly wind, so are the shorts and vest tops.
I swear I am the only one wearing jeans and a jumper in the Bay, probably because I’m too damn lazy to get the summer wardrobe out.
This you should thank me for as usually when I do, the sun goes in and the rain begins to pour – just so I don’t get my legs out.
The other reason I don’t want to put the winter joggy bottoms and big baggy jumpers away, is I dread trying on said shorts only to get then as far as my knees because lockdown as added 3st and 10ins to my thighs!
Every year I say I’ll be dedicated to a healthy diet and fully committed to the gym – every year I fail miserably in my efforts and my willpower runs away like the dish with the spoon.
Ah, there’s always next year, I say, and then I pray that by next year a magic pill that melts fat, gives me an exercise mojo and the willpower will be invented, then I wake up and realise I should just get off my behind and get myself sorted.
I am looking forward to doing some paddle boarding this summer – I will let you know in advance so you can all avoid the beaches and my lily-white legs, and just in case Greenpeace are passing, I’ll warn them too, so they don’t mistake me for a whale!