All set for Round Two of Torbay Weekly’s World Cup of Beaches
- Credit: Archant
It has been an enthralling first round of clashes in the Torbay Weekly World Cup of Beaches, eclipsing anything we could have hoped for from the postponed European Championships, Wimbledon or the Olympics.
Torbay Weekly Facebook followers completed the first round with a victory for Fairy Cove over Livermead Sands and Round Two is about to get underway on the Torbay Weekly Facebook page and through our Twitter feed @TheTorbayWeekly.
In preparing for this Naturally Inspiring tournament, we found 28 beaches from across Torbay, which meant 12 matches in Round One and four sandy heavens were drawn a bye to the next round – Beacon Cove, Breakwater Beach, Broadsands and Oddicombe Beach.
The draw for Round Two has now been completed, using a number randomiser tool on Google – pure gold for any number geeks out there.
Please see below for the Round Two draw, we will post a beach contest each day on our social media channels and it is now a fight for a place in the quarter-final.
ROUND TWO DRAW
Beacon Cove v Oddicombe Beach
- 1 There may be no carnival again - but that won't dampen spirits as Christmas plans are unveiled
- 2 Sinclair's special start on community day
- 3 Cyclists off to Scotland in support of 'super vet' star
- 4 Rowing: Excellent conditions for river Dart racing
- 5 Sally Allen: When is a woman not a woman?
- 6 Basketball: Torbay Tigers back to winning ways
- 7 Torquay United 2 King's Lynn Town 0
- 8 Securing future of Pavilion takes step forward
- 9 Gulls boss Gary Johnson: Homegrown duo 'in my future plans'
- 10 Retro Sport: Lottery winner's cricket ambition that money couldn't buy
Meadfoot Beach v Maidencombe Beach
Torre Abbey Sands v Peaked Tor Cove
Goodrington Sands v Redgate Beach
Preston Sands v Breakwater Beach
Broadsands v Elberry Cove
Anstey's Cove v St Mary's Bay
Babbacombe Beach v Fairy Cove