All set for Round Two of Torbay Weekly’s World Cup of Beaches
- Credit: Archant
It has been an enthralling first round of clashes in the Torbay Weekly World Cup of Beaches, eclipsing anything we could have hoped for from the postponed European Championships, Wimbledon or the Olympics.
Torbay Weekly Facebook followers completed the first round with a victory for Fairy Cove over Livermead Sands and Round Two is about to get underway on the Torbay Weekly Facebook page and through our Twitter feed @TheTorbayWeekly.
In preparing for this Naturally Inspiring tournament, we found 28 beaches from across Torbay, which meant 12 matches in Round One and four sandy heavens were drawn a bye to the next round – Beacon Cove, Breakwater Beach, Broadsands and Oddicombe Beach.
The draw for Round Two has now been completed, using a number randomiser tool on Google – pure gold for any number geeks out there.
Please see below for the Round Two draw, we will post a beach contest each day on our social media channels and it is now a fight for a place in the quarter-final.
ROUND TWO DRAW
Beacon Cove v Oddicombe Beach
- 1 Relentless from Torquay United
- 2 Rowers - and Mr Portillo - in bid to go round world in 80 days and raise money for Rowcroft
- 3 Woking 0 Torquay United 2
- 4 For our 'rock' as much as anybody, everything is crossed for promotion
- 5 Absolutely ridiculous and selfish
- 6 United visit Woking tonight
- 7 Royal Mail set to drop objection to Crossways redevelopment
- 8 Prince Philip's final resting place will be in tiny chapel
- 9 Former Argos store to be temporary job centre for Bay residents seeking work
- 10 Plans unveiled to demolish Torquay Debenhams store
Meadfoot Beach v Maidencombe Beach
Torre Abbey Sands v Peaked Tor Cove
Goodrington Sands v Redgate Beach
Preston Sands v Breakwater Beach
Broadsands v Elberry Cove
Anstey's Cove v St Mary's Bay
Babbacombe Beach v Fairy Cove