Alexa - welcome to Preston Primary School
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters at a Paignton primary school have taken delivery of Alexa devices in their classrooms to ‘enhance their learning experience’.
Every class at Preston Primary School now has its own Amazon, donated by Livermead-based estate agents Pincombe’s.
Scott Ord, headteacher of the school, thanked Pincombe’s for their ‘kind donation’.
He said: “Thanks to Pincombe’s for their support in helping to make the classrooms exciting learning spaces that reflect the 21st century skills the children need.
“The Amazon Alexas will enable the teachers to model how technology is used to aid the children’s learning.
“The children will be able to access audible books and use the technology as a dictionary or thesaurus.
“Ultimately it will enable the students to experience an exciting curriculum that prepares them for a world of work which could be very different to today.”
- 1 For our 'rock' as much as anybody, everything is crossed for promotion
- 2 Desperate men killing the game
- 3 National League round-up
- 4 Plans unveiled to demolish Torquay Debenhams store
- 5 All aboard the Land train for lots of fun - and a history lesson or two!
- 6 Prince Philip's final resting place will be in tiny chapel
- 7 Mum-of-two Robyn recognised as 'outstanding student - and she runs her own business
- 8 Brooke and her band of little helpers walk tall for crisis-hit pony club
- 9 Weekend watch for Torquay United
- 10 Covid-19 outbreak at Torquay care home