Alexa - welcome to Preston Primary School
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters at a Paignton primary school have taken delivery of Alexa devices in their classrooms to ‘enhance their learning experience’.
Every class at Preston Primary School now has its own Amazon, donated by Livermead-based estate agents Pincombe’s.
Scott Ord, headteacher of the school, thanked Pincombe’s for their ‘kind donation’.
He said: “Thanks to Pincombe’s for their support in helping to make the classrooms exciting learning spaces that reflect the 21st century skills the children need.
“The Amazon Alexas will enable the teachers to model how technology is used to aid the children’s learning.
“The children will be able to access audible books and use the technology as a dictionary or thesaurus.
“Ultimately it will enable the students to experience an exciting curriculum that prepares them for a world of work which could be very different to today.”
- 1 Tiverton Town 1 Torquay United 3
- 2 Gary Johnson reaction to Tiverton win
- 3 Gary's respect for Martyn Rogers
- 4 The little door behind the main stand
- 5 Asian hornet pays a visit to Devon Hills
- 6 Walk down to secluded cove is rich with wildlife and flowers
- 7 £1,800 for four good causes as Foster’s Fund pays out
- 8 £10m underspend will 'help prepare council for summer'
- 9 Retro Sport: Tracking Plainmoor heroes of the 1950s
- 10 Field of 625 to tackle Totnes 10k alongside River Dart