Air ambulance in Torquay beach rescue alert
- Credit: Archant
The Devon Air Ambulance was alerted after a woman was injured on Torre Abbey Sands in Torquay.
It is believed the woman had fallen and suffered a leg injury.
A land ambulance and paramedics attended the scene at around 12 noon on Monday.
The air ambulance landed in the Abbey Park Gardens opposite the beach and its paramedics joined the rescue team on the beach.
After being treated on the beach, the woman was eventually placed on a stretcher and lifted carefully into the back of the ambulance which was parked on the beach slipway.
She was driven off by road to hospital while the crew returned to the helicopter before it took off without being needed.
- 1 Torquay settle for replay after Hawks threw everything at them in dying moments
- 2 United 'Community Day' to unite Bay - and there are 1,000 free tickets
- 3 Johnson on FA Cup result: 'Havant deserved something out of game'
- 4 Charlton await United - if Gulls can win FA Cup replay
- 5 Aldi, KFC and Costa Coffee plan approved for 'Gateway to Torquay'
- 6 Family 'overwhelmed' by tributes after death of rugby and port legend Bern
- 7 This sorry saga was always going to end in tears - but we need the horses and what about the Proms?
- 8 Paignton pub The Isaac Merritt to go up for auction
- 9 Stoppage-time goal books Torquay United under-18s a place in FA Youth Cup first round
- 10 Blooming marvellous Torbay winners