Air ambulance in Torquay beach rescue alert
- Credit: Archant
The Devon Air Ambulance was alerted after a woman was injured on Torre Abbey Sands in Torquay.
It is believed the woman had fallen and suffered a leg injury.
A land ambulance and paramedics attended the scene at around 12 noon on Monday.
The air ambulance landed in the Abbey Park Gardens opposite the beach and its paramedics joined the rescue team on the beach.
After being treated on the beach, the woman was eventually placed on a stretcher and lifted carefully into the back of the ambulance which was parked on the beach slipway.
She was driven off by road to hospital while the crew returned to the helicopter before it took off without being needed.
- 1 United heading into the future
- 2 Jim Parker: Now is the Time for action after Chief Constable's revealing walkabout
- 3 Majestic opportunities for a new career choice
- 4 Money talks in professional football - but it can't buy success
- 5 Princess curtain to rise after 509 days in the darkness
- 6 Gulls delighted with first crowd of the summer
- 7 'Pinged' Gulls trio out of action
- 8 No packed lunches but six weeks of bad weather!
- 9 Spacious, family home in ideal location close to schools, shops and beaches
- 10 £15,000 'compensation' as Nemane leaves Torquay United