Air ambulance in Torquay beach rescue alert
- Credit: Archant
The Devon Air Ambulance was alerted after a woman was injured on Torre Abbey Sands in Torquay.
It is believed the woman had fallen and suffered a leg injury.
A land ambulance and paramedics attended the scene at around 12 noon on Monday.
The air ambulance landed in the Abbey Park Gardens opposite the beach and its paramedics joined the rescue team on the beach.
After being treated on the beach, the woman was eventually placed on a stretcher and lifted carefully into the back of the ambulance which was parked on the beach slipway.
She was driven off by road to hospital while the crew returned to the helicopter before it took off without being needed.
- 1 Jamie Reid: 'I was close to coming back to Plainmoor'
- 2 Dick 'Mr Centrax' Barr dies aged 100
- 3 Torquay United game with Aldershot postponed
- 4 Meet wonderful Wendy - volunteer extraordinaire!
- 5 Predicta weekend is a big one for the Gulls
- 6 Injury testing for Danny Wright
- 7 Sorting the Dover situation
- 8 Children's singalong birthday treat for Sydney, 88, who has isolated for year
- 9 Goalkeeping decision for Torquay United
- 10 Torquay United await Hartlepool test