Air ambulance shines blue light on lifesaving services
- Credit: Devon Air Ambulance
The Devon Air Ambulance is shining a blue light on the lifesaving work of the emergency services.
During Air Ambulance Week, Air Ambulance charities across the UK will join together to raise awareness of the lifesaving service that each of them provides.
This years’ campaign, led by Air Ambulances UK, the national charity that supports, champions and represents air ambulance charities, is focussed on the powerful message that Every Second Counts and Every Penny Matters.
Nigel Hare, Operations Director at Devon Air Ambulance said: “Although we form a vital part of the frontline emergency services in Devon and work collaboratively with other blue light responders, our lifesaving missions are entirely funded by the kindness and generosity of the communities we serve.”
Emergency Services Day today (Thursday September 9) forms part of the celebration of Air Ambulance Week.
In association with The Box, Plymouth and Exeter City Council, both Smeaton’s Tower and the Exeter Guildhall will be lighting up in blue.
If you are able to light up your premises in Blue, post on your own social media channels using the hashtag #999Day #AAW2021 and don’t forget to tag @devonairambulance.
- 1 There may be no carnival again - but that won't dampen spirits as Christmas plans are unveiled
- 2 Sinclair's special start on community day
- 3 Basketball: Torbay Tigers back to winning ways
- 4 Sally Allen: When is a woman not a woman?
- 5 Rowing: Excellent conditions for river Dart racing
- 6 Retro Sport: Lottery winner's cricket ambition that money couldn't buy
- 7 Torquay United 2 King's Lynn Town 0
- 8 Junior anglers take the fishing limelight
- 9 Stephen Coombes picture special: Dartmouth and Kingswear
- 10 Securing future of Pavilion takes step forward