Ageing Well Festival taking to virtual stage
- Credit: Archant
Ageing Well Torbay events have proven to be at the heart of the Torbay community and they just keep on giving.
Five months ago when we all went into lockdown, Ageing Well Torbay swapped its coffee mornings for delivering food, and creative workshops for delivering medications to help ensure no-one was isolated during the coronavirus crisis.
Now, they are delivering their annual Ageing Well Festival under one roof – your roof.
Still aiming to give a flavour of everything Ageing Well Torbay stands for, this year the celebration of ageing has gone virtual.
On October 24, when all should have started at the Riviera International Conference Centre in Torquay, festival-goers will all be watching and perhaps taking part in the broadcast via Facebook and YouTube, or even listening on Torbay's very own community radio station, Riviera FM on 107.9, from the luxury of our four walls.
Since the programme started more than five years ago, they have helped set up everything from flash mob dance groups to book clubs, from yoga classes to walking groups, from afternoon tea groups to railway modellers and from lunch clubs to mix-and-mingle sessions in Brixham, Torquay and Paignton - which may all be enjoyed, hopefully, at the next full festival at the Riviera Centre on Saturday, April 17 2021.
Meanwhile, a series of talks, exercise classes, demonstrations and showcases will all be available - including a talk from Brenda Loosemore, a popular speaker at previous festivals, who took to the stage at an empty auditorium at the Palace Theatre.
- 1 For our 'rock' as much as anybody, everything is crossed for promotion
- 2 Desperate men killing the game
- 3 Plans unveiled to demolish Torquay Debenhams store
- 4 National League round-up
- 5 Covid-19 outbreak at Torquay care home
- 6 All aboard the Land train for lots of fun - and a history lesson or two!
- 7 Prince Philip's final resting place will be in tiny chapel
- 8 An ideal family home or investment purchase
- 9 Emotional day that revealed close-knit family behind monarchy
- 10 Mum-of-two Robyn recognised as 'outstanding student - and she runs her own business
There will also be a tribute to the life of the Queen. dance and exercise classes, 'how to' videos and tours of Brixham Battery and Torre Abbey.
The line-up is currently being added to – ensuring the very best talent of the Bay is to offer at the celebration of Torbay's over-50s between 10am and midday and again, between 1pm and 3pm on October 24.