Your chance to follow in Dame Agatha's footsteps
- Credit: ANDREW PAPWORTH - Archant
Fancy following in the footsteps of the world’s most famous Queen of Crime?
The International Agatha Christie Festival is offering youngsters a chance to take part in a mystery short story competition. You have to live in Devon or attend school or college in the county.
The competition is free to enter with two categories: nine to under 14 years old and 14s to 18s.
Entrants are asked to write a short story of up to 1,000 words.
Organisers say: “We are looking for originality and imagination, quality of writing and use of language, the ability to tell a story and hold the reader’s attention and clever plotting, how clues are laid and how the mystery is solved.”
The competition is sponsored by Wollens, PKF Francis Clark and HarperCollins Publishers with the winners receiving an Apple iPad Mini and a copy of Howdunnit?, the definitive guide to crime writing by over 90 authors, including Torbay-born Dame Agatha
The winners will be announced online by the award-winning author Anthony Horowitz in September.
Entries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and address, the name of the school or college. Full details at www.iacf-uk.org. Closing date is midnight on August15.
- 1 Torquay United 2 King's Lynn Town 0
- 2 Gulls boss Gary Johnson: Homegrown duo 'in my future plans'
- 3 Defensive duties at Torquay United
- 4 Rowing: Excellent conditions for river Dart racing
- 5 War veteran wins Brixham Lottery - with cards bought for his 105th birthday
- 6 Let's get together - reconnecting with people is food for the soul
- 7 Dr Peter Moore: I don't need an app giving me a 'medal' for brushing my teeth properly!
- 8 Fishermen take narrow lead after win at Barton
- 9 Bid to rid town of Crossways eyesore takes giant leap forward
- 10 Keith Perry: Family-friendly ramble around park that's home to variety of wildlife