Adventure tourist attractions promoting Bay as premier outdoor destination
- Credit: Torquay Water Sports
A new company has been launched with plans to promote Torbay as a prime UK destination for outdoor adventure.
Ocean Adventures features four adventure tourist attractions in the Bay and is based at Torquay Marina.
The four attractions are: Torquay Watersports, home to England's fastest passenger rib boat; Jet Set Go! jet ski safaris; Devon Safaris e-Bike and 4x4 safaris and Hoffman Knight Charters is aimed at corporate events and charters.
An Ocean Adventures spokesman said: “We believe the area has so much potential.
“Not only have we started multiple new attractions aimed at bringing tourists into Torbay, we are working hard to bring together local businesses to work in collaboration rather than in competition to ultimately extend the length of the Torbay holiday season and improve the local economy.”
Jet Set Go! starts its fifth season of jet ski safaris in Torbay, this year following social distancing rules. The jet ski safaris offer the chance to explore and visit parts of the English Riviera coastline hard to reach by land – spotting sea life on the way.
Torquay Watersports provides high-performance RIB rides with experienced skippers at the helm. They also offer a variety of watersports including wakeboarding, knee boarding or simply the joy of towed inflatables.
- 1 Gary Johnson reaction to Tiverton win
- 2 Tiverton Town 1 Torquay United 3
- 3 The little door behind the main stand
- 4 Asian hornet pays a visit to Devon Hills
- 5 Walk down to secluded cove is rich with wildlife and flowers
- 6 £1,800 for four good causes as Foster’s Fund pays out
- 7 Gary's respect for Martyn Rogers
- 8 Torquay host fourth coastal rowing regatta of league
- 9 £10m underspend will 'help prepare council for summer'
- 10 Field of 625 to tackle Totnes 10k alongside River Dart
Devon Safaris focus on the land rather than sea – with tours of scenic landscapes while relaxing on electric mountain bikes capable of assisted pedalling up to 15mph. Adventure-seekers can also go off-road with a 4×4 driver guiding an off-the-beaten track safari.
Hoffman Knight Charters offers private yacht charter from Torquay and along the South Coast.
For more details about Ocean Adventures, log on to www.oceanadventurestorbay.com