Torbay adult social care ideas wanted for new social enterprise
- Credit: Submitted
Wanted - ideas that would positively contribute to the adult social care sector in Torbay.
Local Spark Torbay and Libraries Unlimited at Paignton Library are launching Incubator ONE - a programme to help people in Torbay set up, develop and grow social enterprises focussed on adult social care.
Chris Gunson, co-founder and director of Local Spark, a Torbay Community Supported Enterprise CIC, said: “With the launch of Incubator ONE, the first programme of this kind in Torbay, the team is developing a ten-month programme to encourage and support new, and potentially innovative services which will be offered by social entrepreneurs.
"We are very grateful to the Torbay Community Investment Fund for making this possible.”
The programme welcomes applications from anyone interested in setting up a social enterprise in the adult social care sector.
Chris said: "What if everyone in Torbay received the support they needed to live a life of dignity and social connectedness, to live free of isolation and dependency?
"There is enormous potential to achieve these aims through social innovation and enterprise."
- 1 How we can cope with the Enemy Within
- 2 Devon beaches producing a healthy catch
- 3 Johnson looking to turn around the "mess"
- 4 Norrms McNamara: Ten-second delay...
- 5 Jim Parker: Top fashion store Maggie & Co closes doors after 48 years - but 'we leave on a high'
- 6 Part Two of the famous Gents bus and Beacon Down becomes Broken Down!
- 7 Torbay's green spaces go wild
- 8 Picture special: Sunrise in Torquay
- 9 Extended semi-detached house offers scope for annexe
- 10 Driving home for Christmas - but plan ahead to minimise problems
Applicants will receive personalised and peer support plus access to co-working space.
The Incubator Hub will be based at Paignton Library and include access to all their resources.
The programme delivered by Local Spark: Torbay Community Supported Enterprise CIC and Libraries Unlimited with support from established social enterprises What’s Your Problem CIC; South-West Family Values CIC; We Need Music CIC; Devon Clinic CIC and Filament CIC.
It is funded by Torbay Community Investment Fund.
Chris Gunson and the team at Local Spark Torbay have been focused on catalysing new enterprises and economic development that improve the health and wellbeing of Torbay communities, provide pathways out of poverty, and accelerate our transition to a green economy.
More details on the programme and how to apply can be found at https://localsparktorbay.org/incubator-one/ or email mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org