80 jobs created at printing firm
- Credit: Archant
A print company in Newton Abbot is urging anyone being made redundant from retail, hospitality or manufacturing industries to get in touch as they have a major recruitment drive and their skills are much needed.
Harrier LLC, the UK’s leading digital print and photo gift fulfiller, want to reassure job seekers who may not think they have the skills needed for a role in production, that their abilities are transferable and suitable for these jobs.
Acorn is recruiting on behalf of Harrier and Karen Sharpin, senior operations director at Acorn, said: “Unfortunately we have recently seen many companies in retail, travel and hospitality which are having to restructure and even close, with the possibility of more job losses.
“For the right candidate a role in production could prove to be a great move.
“Even if you’ve always worked in retail or hospitality your skills set will still be valuable, for example communication and working as a team.
“Being reliable, quick to learn and trustworthy are all great attributes to have for any role.
“At Harrier you’ll get full training and the opportunity for progression too.”
- 1 Relentless from Torquay United
- 2 Concluding the debate about diesel v petrol v electric cars
- 3 Royal Mail set to drop objection to Crossways redevelopment
- 4 For our 'rock' as much as anybody, everything is crossed for promotion
- 5 Picture special: Memories of visits to Torbay and South Devon
- 6 Chance to have your say on power giants' massive investment plans
- 7 Rowers - and Mr Portillo - in bid to go round world in 80 days and raise money for Rowcroft
- 8 Plans unveiled to demolish Torquay Debenhams store
- 9 500,000 meals and still going strong
- 10 Woking 0 Torquay United 2
Harrier recognises that people are its greatest asset. It promotes a fully inclusive culture where employees feel valued for their contribution towards the success of the company, said Karen.
It is now recruiting for more than 80 people in the next couple of weeks to work at its Covid-secure site in Newton Abbot.
The shifts are flexible, so it’s ideal if you have family or need shifts to be able to work around your lifestyle, and the site is easily accessible via public transport.
If you’re interested in applying, call Hannah 01626 335 575 or log on to www.acornpeople.com/featured-clients/harrier