£50,000 show of support for Torbay NHS during Covid pandemic
- Credit: Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust
People in Torbay and South Devon have raised more than £50,000 since the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic to support their local NHS, it has been revealed.
Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust has been overwhelmed by the generosity of the people and businesses that supported the organisation’s charity appeal.
The money raised went directly to initiatives supporting staff who were responding to Covid-19 as well as the poorly patients that they cared and continue to care for.
Torbay and South Devon has also benefited from national fundraising thanks to NHS Charities Together and the legacy of Captain Sir Tom Moore.
These additional funds have contributed a further £181,000 to the appeal’s total, both through direct award and in the form of grant applications.
The trust's donations team work with a panel of hospital representatives to ensure these funds deliver value, while making as big an impact as possible for the wider workforce.
Paul Norrish, donations manager at Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust, said: “It was awe-inspiring to see so many local people step forward to support our response to Covid-19.
- 1 Gary Johnson: Whatever I may say, I'm a very bad loser
- 2 How we can cope with the Enemy Within
- 3 Tough player decisions ahead as Gaffer tries to build Torquay United squad fit for success
- 4 Top fashion store Maggie & Co closes doors after 48 years - but 'we leave on a high'
- 5 TW Livermead Coffee Girls
- 6 How you can help us win the battle against winter
- 7 Christmas arrives in Torquay thanks to a sparkly wand (and an MP and jeweller)
- 8 Brixham Reserves take the biggest stride forward in South Devon Prem
- 9 Christmas hamper appeal aims to help 120 Torbay families
- 10 Winter fest is back - and so too is Father Christmas
"Whether you donated to our local appeal or got behind the national call, we really appreciate what you did – it was incredible.
“I know that our staff who have been involved with our organisation’s Covid-19 response have been blown away by the generosity, and would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to the community for your support and kindness.”