Young people can Kickstart summer with 20 jobs on offer
- Credit: English Riviera BID Company
Eight employers will be offering jobs to people between the ages of 16 and 24 at a special event being held at Splashdown Quaywest in Paignton.
The event on Wednesday, August 18, between 6.30pm and 8.30pm is being organised by Jobcentre Plus.
It will showcase 20 new opportunities available in Devon through the Government’s £2bn Kickstart scheme.
Attendees will also have exclusive use of the waterpark’s facilities.
There will be a variety of roles on offer across a range of sectors and the National Careers Service will also be attending to offer advice and guidance. Disability Employer Advisers will also be at the event.
The Kickstart scheme, created in response to the impact of the coronavirus pandemic, provides six-month paid job placements to young people currently in receipt of Universal Credit, giving them the opportunity to develop skills and work experience that will give them a better chance of moving into sustained employment.
Some of the employers attending the event in Devon include Kwantu, TMHC Ltd, Clientbase Fulfilment and Eat That Frog… to name but a few.
- 1 Swiss Raw crew cross finish line to win Atlantic rowing race
- 2 2021 Talisker Whisky Atlantic Challenge rowers heading for finish line
- 3 Torbay remains 'Covid capital of Devon' despite drop in cases
- 4 Retro Sport: Never too old to attract a talent scout
- 5 Bay residents facing 2.99 per cent rise in council tax
- 6 Motoring: More new arrivals in 2022 - and a bonus for electric users in the future
- 7 Angling junior Keri showing the seniors how it is done
- 8 School celebrates double award success
- 9 Gulls savour 'huge three points'
- 10 Improved conditions for 2021 Talisker Whisky Atlantic Challenge boats
Anyone eligible for the Kickstart scheme will be able to speak directly to employers about the roles on offer, and hopefully walk away with a job that they can potentially start within days.
Tim Oliver, Jobcentre Plus manager for Totnes Jobcentre, said: “Kickstart is a fantastic initiative and a great way for young people to gain invaluable experience.
“This event at Splashdown Quaywest will provide our young customers with an opportunity to experience the UK’s largest waterpark, while speaking directly to a wide range of employers who have vacancies with immediate starts.
“Young people will have the opportunity to have face-to-face time with each employer and to learn more about the roles available.”
Jobcentre Plus have arranged transport for Totnes customers in outlying areas with pick-ups in South Brent and Kingsbridge.
Flexible Support Fund payments will also be considered for customers that require support with travel.
For information about this event, contact Simon Hammett on 01803 678488 or email email@example.com