Gladys, 100, keeps those family scrapbooks coming
- Credit: Submitted
Brixham great-grand mum Gladys Criddle has celebrated her 100th birthday – as fiercely independent as ever.
Gladys was married to the late Ernie Criddle who was well-known for his many years of raising money for charities in the area.
She was born in Church Street, Brixham, and still insists on looking after herself, doing the cooking and cleaning.
Gladys has two sons, Brian and Tony, four grandchildren, Linda, Mark, Tracey and David, seven great grandchildren and a great, great grandchild expected.
A family spokesman said: “She has kept scrapbooks on all the family for years and is now on number seven.
“Obviously, we were unable to have a family celebration. Hopefully later in the year.”
- 1 Torquay United 2 King's Lynn Town 0
- 2 Gulls boss Gary Johnson: Homegrown duo 'in my future plans'
- 3 Defensive duties at Torquay United
- 4 Rowing: Excellent conditions for river Dart racing
- 5 Let's get together - reconnecting with people is food for the soul
- 6 Dr Peter Moore: I don't need an app giving me a 'medal' for brushing my teeth properly!
- 7 War veteran wins Brixham Lottery - with cards bought for his 105th birthday
- 8 Keith Perry: Family-friendly ramble around park that's home to variety of wildlife
- 9 Bid to rid town of Crossways eyesore takes giant leap forward
- 10 Torquay solicitors win Law Firm of Year award