Gladys, 100, keeps those family scrapbooks coming
- Credit: Submitted
Brixham great-grand mum Gladys Criddle has celebrated her 100th birthday – as fiercely independent as ever.
Gladys was married to the late Ernie Criddle who was well-known for his many years of raising money for charities in the area.
She was born in Church Street, Brixham, and still insists on looking after herself, doing the cooking and cleaning.
Gladys has two sons, Brian and Tony, four grandchildren, Linda, Mark, Tracey and David, seven great grandchildren and a great, great grandchild expected.
A family spokesman said: “She has kept scrapbooks on all the family for years and is now on number seven.
“Obviously, we were unable to have a family celebration. Hopefully later in the year.”
- 1 Gary's respect for Martyn Rogers
- 2 Retro Sport: Tracking Plainmoor heroes of the 1950s
- 3 It's taken a generation but it is definitely now Paignton's turn
- 4 Jim Parker: Now is the Time for action after Chief Constable's revealing walkabout
- 5 Argyle sharpness defeats United
- 6 Regency-style terrace was leased to the rich and famous
- 7 United heading into the future
- 8 Laura will use Equity role to change attitudes about regional theatre
- 9 £900,000 state-of-art gym signals start of new era at RIC
- 10 World's biggest sailing ship graces Bay's horizon