Gladys, 100, keeps those family scrapbooks coming
- Credit: Submitted
Brixham great-grand mum Gladys Criddle has celebrated her 100th birthday – as fiercely independent as ever.
Gladys was married to the late Ernie Criddle who was well-known for his many years of raising money for charities in the area.
She was born in Church Street, Brixham, and still insists on looking after herself, doing the cooking and cleaning.
Gladys has two sons, Brian and Tony, four grandchildren, Linda, Mark, Tracey and David, seven great grandchildren and a great, great grandchild expected.
A family spokesman said: “She has kept scrapbooks on all the family for years and is now on number seven.
“Obviously, we were unable to have a family celebration. Hopefully later in the year.”
- 1 Hilton opens its doors - with a little help from Bert & Buoy and a Riviera palm tree
- 2 500,000 meals and still going strong
- 3 Relentless from Torquay United
- 4 Four to battle in Bay by-election
- 5 Torbay has it all - and we all have a part to play in tourism future
- 6 Joelene to lead special police scrutiny panel
- 7 Absolutely ridiculous and selfish
- 8 TW Predicta April 22
- 9 Concluding the debate about diesel v petrol v electric cars
- 10 Rowers - and Mr Portillo - in bid to go round world in 80 days and raise money for Rowcroft